In 2002, we received a call from the staff at Historic Charleston. They were nearing the end of the restoration of the Courthouse and needed chairs for a public space. Originally they were interested in our 1001 - Bowback Side Chair. Douglas P. Dimes suggested we make a more historically accurate chair. After reviewing the collection and researching the matter we came up with a chair that was eventually selected. The Courthouse was being restored to its 1792 condition. During that time the largely agricultural economy of South Carolina would have imported much of its manufactured goods either from England or the northern Colonies. We are always gratified to offer our knowledge and skills for a historic property.